The Triangle Café is a comprehensive food service training program. Under the supervision of our cafe manager trainees prepare food, provide excellent customer service and prepare for careers in the food service industry.
As they prepare and serve up to 100 meals a day, our trainees learn how to:
• Prepare salads, desserts and our signature soups
• Utilize recipes and commercial cooking equipment to prepare our daily special and deli sandwiches
• Provide friendly customer service to our guests
• Carefully follow food safety guidelines
• Thoroughly clean and sanitize the kitchen on a daily basis
Each trainee gets the support and training they need to work in a competitive full service environment.
Bob Ross, our Café manager, is a Johnson and Wales trained chef who teaches the trainees to work independently, balance multiple responsibilities, and thrive in a challenging environment.
Our case managers and employment specialists assist with Café orientation, monitor trainees’ progress regularly, and help trainees transition to competitive employment.
Our trainees succeed in the workplace!
You might run into former trainees within the food industry as they serve food at Emerson College and Dockside restaurants. Additional trainees have started new careers at companies like Market Basket, U- Haul, and Walgreens.